This page describes AEI contributions to SFB-Transregio7 "Gravitational Wave Astronomy".
The Sonderforschungsbereich/Transregio 7, "Gravitational Wave Astronomy", is a German research network, funded by DFG. The network brings together experimental and theoretical physicists, astrophysicists and mathematicians from the Universities of Jena, Tübingen and Hanover as well as the Max- Planck Institutes for Gravitational Physics in Golm and and for Astrophysics in Garching to develop a national scientific community for gravitational wave physics. Projects deal with modelling cosmic sources of gravitational radiation, improving detector designs and analyzing gravitational wave signals.
Meetings @ AEI
- Workshop on Pseudospectral Methods in Numerical Relativity
- SFB Spring meeting 2004
- Summer School 2004: "Structure and dynamics of compact objects"
Research Projects with AEI Contributions
Projects with AEI/Potsdam participation
- A2: Analysis of asymptotically flat Space-Times
- B5: Collision and Merging of Binary Black Holes and Neutron Stars
- C2: Interpretation of Gravitational Wave Signals
Projects with AEI/Hanover participation
- C1: Iterative Design of the Sensitivity Curve of Gravitational Wave Detectors
- C3: High Resolution Interferometer Concepts using Reflecting Optical Components